11 Reasons Why Instagram is the Best Social Media Platform
Here I want to give you 11 Reasons why Instagram is the Best Social Media platform.
LEARN WHY Wealthy Affiliate IS MY #1 RECOMMENDATION
However, first let me give you a bit of history behind the “Instagram story”
Instagram was launched October 6, 2010.
It was initially created by founder Kevin Systrom to be a simple photo sharing platform. Systrom came up with the name using a combination of the words “instant camera” and “telegram.” 18 months later on April 9, 2012, Facebook bought Instagram.
The first Instagram logo (see below) was made to look like a One-Step Polaroid camera. This was Systrom's initial idea.
If we look back at the beginnings of Facebook and Instagram it will give us some insight into what drives each of these social media platforms and how they differ.
Facebook was launched as TheFacebook on February 4, 2004. Originally TheFacebook was a network initially limited to Harvard students; it later expanded to other colleges, and beyond.
In 2005, “The” was dropped from its name after purchasing the domain name facebook.com for $200,000. Since that day, it has become the Facebook we know today.
There are affiliate links within this post. What this means is that if you decide to purchase anything through one of my links, I'll be rewarded with a small commission at absolutely no extra cost to you. This small commission helps me run and maintain my website.
Instagram: My Review
Within this review, I will be giving you the 11 reasons why Instagram is the Best Social Media platform,
Look out for my next IG article, where I will further explain to you in detail the LATEST features of Instagram, how to use Instagram Stories, Instagram LIVE, IGTV, hashtag and growth strategies, and ways to monetize your following.
If you'd like more training on IG, sign up for FREE on my #1 recommended platform.
In order to get further visibility on Instagram, you should use all of its features, and this includes using Instagram Stories.
Here are some of the topics I will be covering in my next IG article:
Many of these same concepts have been taught by Felicia Lin, an Instagram strategic expert who has now been doing an IG Live seminar at least once per month for the entire past year in NYC.
LEARN WHY WEALTHY AFFILIATE IS MY #1 RECOMMENDATION
However, for now in this article let’s stick to my review of the 11 Reasons why Instagram is the Best Social Media platform.
Instagram: My Review Summary
Product Name: Instagram
Founders: Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger
Product Type: Social media
What Is It: A photo and video sharing social network service
Made By: Instagram
Perks: IGTV, Instagram Stories, and many more
Best For: Anyone and everyone who wants to share their experiences through photos and videos and build their Brand
Summary: The Best Social Media Platform. Period.
Rating: 95 out of 100
My 11 Reasons Why Instagram is the Best Social Media Platform
1. Instagram Engagement:
Instagram by far has the Most Engaged Users
Currently with over 1 billion active users, Instagram has the highest interaction rate per follower of all social media platforms at 2.2%. Facebook's is just 0.22%.
If you know how to use it, your content can be easily discovered by people outside of your personal network, and even worldwide because 80% of Instagram’s users are outside of the U.S.
Whereas on Facebook, the people liking or commenting on your posts are friends, and friends of friends. Facebook is about connecting with the people you already know, have just met, or reconnecting with people you have met in the past.
With Instagram, you will be constantly engaging with new people who are interested in your brand. These same people may become future customers, and even collaborators and business associates.
2. Instagram Hashtags: On Instagram, people are actively searching for specific content or topics that interest them, thanks to hashtags, geotags and mentions.
Hashtags work like keywords. When you decide which hashtags to use, think about what keywords apply to your business, brand or niche. Then use hashtags associated with those keywords.
This leads me to the next reason associated with hashtags.
3. Instagram Allows Strategic Engagement
Instagram allows you to engage strategically by liking or commenting on a post that uses a hashtag that you use that was recently posted.
This is very effective because the Instagram user that posted the post is likely to still be on Instagram, which means there’s a high likelihood that they will see your like or comment, and maybe even respond in return
4. Instagram Feed: Besides posting a photo or video clip directly into your Instagram feed, there are 4 different types of posts that you can create.
The 2 types of posts for photos are: Carousel and Layout
You could create a carousel post with up to 10 photos in 1 post or a collage of several photos and images together using Instagram’s layout app.
The 2 types of posts for photos for video: Boomerang and Hyperlapse.
Boomerang is a cool short video where the video capture you create moves backwards and forward in time over a short period.
Hyperlapse is a feature where you can speed up or slow down a sequence that simulates quick or slow motion. An example would be speeding up the 10 minute preparation of a meal in 30 seconds.
5. Instagram Stories: Instagram allows you to share your passions through simple photos and 15 second stories.
Instagram Stories is essentially a slide show of visual content and 15 second video clips that disappear in 24 hours. If you have archiving turned on for your Stories, they can be turned into highlights that appear below your bio on your Instagram profile.
What I’ve come to love so much about Instagram Stories is that you can save and repurpose your Instagram Story. Here is how.
6. Instagram Highlight: You can also bring your Instagram Stories back to life as a “Highlight” on your Instagram profile
A Highlight, which appears right under your bio is a short video reel that tells those who visit your profile something about yourself.
7. Instagram Repost: You can repost an Instagram post as an Instagram Story. You can also do the reverse. In other words, you can use the Instagram Story editor to create an image and then use it as a post.
When editing a photo or video for your Instagram Story, you are no longer limited to Instagram Stories’ predetermined color palette
You can pick and use a custom color from within the photo or video you’re adding to your Instagram Story.
8. Instagram LIVE: allows you to live broadcast for up to an hour. Immediately after streaming you will have an opportunity to save the Instagram LIVE to your camera roll or to rebroadcast it one more time within a 24 hour period. It’s important to save your Instagram LIVE right after broadcasting because unlike Facebook LIVE videos, Instagram LIVE videos do not stay on Instagram.
9. IGTV: Anyone with an Instagram account can create an IGTV channel where they can upload video content that is up to 1 hour in length. With IGTV, you can also include a link in your channel without any minimum limit of followers.
This is great when you want to link to a website or a YouTube channel.
10. Instagram Geo-Tagging: Allows you to Geo-Tag your posts. People do search for content based on location. Geo-tagged posts can get up to 79% more engagement than those that are not geo-tagged, according to this Inc. article.
11. Instagram Quick Replies: A new feature called Quick Replies was just added to Instagram business accounts.
Essentially it works like canned responses in Gmail. You can create and save a Direct Message to send in response to common questions or comments you get on Instagram.
Conclusion: 11 Reasons why Instagram is the Best Social Media platform
I hope my review on the 11 Reasons why Instagram is the Best Social Media platform has convinced why you should be using Instagram today to grow your online business.
Posting great content on Instagram leads to better engagement, and better engagement leads to more customers.
No doubt you will find that Instagram is the best social media platform to scale up your business.
Once your content us on Instagram, you can repost that same content onto other social media platforms, but that is beyond the scope of this article.
LEARN WHY Wealthy Affiliate IS MY #1 RECOMMENDATION
This information will be included in a future IG post.
Thank You for reading this post, and please feel free to engage with your comments below.